This seminar took place in November 2015 and is therefore now closed.
WAY Investment Services and First Care Southwest would like to invite financial advisers to their joint Continuing Healthcare & IHT planning seminar in Truro on Tuesday 17 November 2015.
The Continuing Healthcare session will be presented by Jeanette Roberts of First Care Southwest Limited, and the IHT planning session will be run by Rob Owen of WAY Investment Services.
Location: Alverton Hotel, Tregolis Rd, Truro TR1 1ZQ.
Timings: 09.30 coffee and registration, 10.00 start, 12 noon - Q&As and finish.
CLICK HERE TO BOOK YOUR PLACE
Jeanette is a solicitor (Non-Practicing) of First Care Southwest Limited and will bring us up to date on NHS Continuing Healthcare (CHC) funding and The Care Act. She is an Advocate for the elderly and has lectured at the Law Society. She is a regular contributor to the Society of Later Life Advisers (SOLLA) discussion groups.
Jeanette's session will cover:
- Local Authority Limits.
- What is NHS Continuing Healthcare (CHC).
- History of CHC and its relevance now and post the Care Act.
- Coughlan – Quantity & Quality Test.
- Guidance on the 4 Keys indicators for CHC funding.
Rob Owen DipFA
Rob is Regional Sales Manager at WAY Investment Services, and will discuss the benefits of Flexible Reversionary Trusts (FRTs) and how they can help with IHT planning and family wealth preservation.
Rob's session will cover:
- Practical examples of estate planning and family wealth preservation using FRTs.
- The structure of FRTs and their use as an alternative to Discounted Gift Trusts and Loan Trusts.
- Ideas to ensure clients don't delay IHT planning for fear of unknown future life events including later life care needs.
- Changes to the IHT process that may be required following the July 2015 Budget.